Are you looking for the best kitchen floors? Kitchen floors that stand up to water, pets, and kids. We want that for you, too! Here’s a quick guide to help you find the perfect solution for your needs.
What Makes Up The Best Kitchen Floors?
The best kitchen floors for water are those that are:
- easy to clean, so you don’t have to spend hours mopping and scrubbing
- easy to maintain, so you don’t have to hire a professional company to clean & maintain them
- stylish, so they’re perfect for your home’s design
- sturdy enough to stand up against heavy use from kids and pets
Laminate & Vinyl Make Great Kitchen Floors
We all want our kitchens to be the best they can be, but how do you know which flooring is right for your kitchen?
If you’re looking for a floor that’s easy to clean, resilient against light water and stains, and that withstands heavy traffic from kids and pets, you could consider a laminate. Laminate floors are made from several types of PVC and other sustainable products. They’re easy to install and are available in a variety of styles, so they’ll fit seamlessly into any home.
But what if you have a smaller space? If that’s the case, vinyl flooring may be a better choice for you. Vinyl is also waterproof and can be installed in both residential and commercial spaces. Its durability makes it ideal for high-traffic areas of the home, but it’s also easy to clean with just soap and water! More ideal for smaller spaces to truly save you time and money.
Tile or Hardwood For Kitchen Floors
While most people think of kitchen floors as being about functionality, there’s no reason why you can’t make your kitchen flooring a part of your home’s design.
When it comes to kitchen flooring, there are many options available on the market. Depending on the style you want for your kitchen and the type of use your kitchen will get, you may want to consider different types of materials.
Here are some of our favorite options:
– Tile: Tile is another great option for kitchens because it’s easy to clean and very durable. Many tile options also come with an anti-slip surface so they’re safe for kids and pets too! Tile can be “indestructible” in a sense, but not always warm to the foot.
– Hardwood: Hardwood flooring can add warmth and style to any room in your home—but especially kitchens! However, hardwood requires regular maintenance so make sure you have time set aside for sweeping or vacuuming before choosing this type of flooring for your home.”
Water Is The Biggest Thing To Consider
The kitchen is the heart of your home—and the place where you spend most of your time. It’s where you cook, eat, and hang out with friends and family. Your kitchen floors need to be able to keep up with all that heavy traffic, so it’s important to choose wisely when it comes to picking your kitchen floors.
Most of us have had to deal with water on our floors at some point. Water can cause damage to your floors and make them slippery, especially if you have kids or pets running around. Luckily, there are some great options for keeping your kitchen floor safe from water damage and making it easy to clean up after spills.
Always Consider Your Lifestyle
If you have pets or children, consider what kind of wear and tear they could put on your kitchen floors. If your kids love playing outside with mud and dirt on their shoes, then a resilient vinyl or wood flooring would be ideal since it will be easy to clean off after playtime is over. Pets shed. If they shed hair regularly then don’t consider a carpeted option since it will trap in pet hair. You would like have to vacuum every day.
Finally, think about whether or not you want an area rug underfoot if you don’t already have one in place! An area rug can really add an extra pop of color or texture to any room while also adding comfort and insulation from cold floors during winter months (or hot ones during summer months).
If you’re in the market for your own kitchen floors in the Memphis area, please let us know. We’d love to help you!